Updated Mask Policy for Sundays
Since last July, we have taken several reasonable precautions to lessen the spread of COVID-19 on Sunday mornings. Among those precautions was requiring masks for the duration of our Sunday service. In light of Governor Abbott rescinding the previous mask order for Texas (which we have sought to honor), the elders have agreed to adjust our policy such that masks are no longer required for Sunday gatherings. To this adjustment in policy, the elders would also add the following...
- We still recommend that the more vulnerable population wear masks for the time being; but, after weighing the risks, that choice will be yours.
- For those who would like to continue with masks and social distancing, we plan to leave the ropes on the back half of the worship center to help with that arrangement.
- While we have continued taking the Lord's Supper at monthly members meetings, our plan is to restart our weekly celebration of the Supper on March 28th.
- After weighing the risks, some of you will continue finding the livestream option more suitable for your family at this juncture. That service will continue.
- Nursery and D.I.G. will still not be offered at this time; but we are revisiting these ministries regularly to determine the best start date, personnel training, etc.
We understand that these have been difficult times to navigate, even as a church. Pray for us elders to gain the wisdom necessary to lead. Extend patience and grace to one another where responses to COVID-19 may differ, looking to Christ, the center for our fellowship. And may the Lord continue causing his word to speed ahead, no matter the obstacles that may come. If you have any questions or desire to follow up, please feel free to reach out to any one of us.
More in Redeemer Blog
March 12, 2021Updated Mask Policy for Sundays
October 11, 2020How Does the NT Use the OT?
July 4, 2020Guidelines in Response to COVID-19 Effective July 5