Pray and Act for the Sanctity of Human Life
For Government Authorities pray…
- That our local, state, and federal elected and appointed government officials who do not know or acknowledge the truth that abortion harms women and takes the life of an innocent human person will have their eyes opened to the truth and their hearts opened to the victims.
- That political leaders will have the courage and wisdom to pass prudent laws and policies that have a direct and real impact reducing the number of lives lost to abortion.
- That the Supreme Court rulings that legalized elective abortion (Roe v Wade (1973) and Doe v. Bolton (1973) will be swiftly and definitively overturned.
- That the 2013 Texas Legislative Session will be successful in protecting women and innocent human life and harming the abortion industry.
For The Abortion Industry pray…
- That the thousands of workers, volunteers, and supporters of the abortion industry will have their eyes opened to how abortion hurts women and takes the life of an innocent human person.
- That abortion clinics will close because of the lack of demand for their services and the loss of finances from government grants, subsidies, and reimbursements for other services they provide.
- That any illegal activity, policy violation, or patient neglect will not go unnoticed, but will be reported and prosecuted to the fullest legal extent.
For Pregnant Women pray…
- That the Lord would grant them peace and confidence that there is a Lord who is sovereign over their personal circumstances and a possible unexpected pregnancy.
- That the Lord would give them courage to bravely go through the struggles and hardships of pregnancy to give their unborn child life and possibly a wanting family an adopted child.
- That the Lord would give them the provision to maintain a healthy pregnancy and make wise decisions concerning their and their unborn child’s well-being and that they would have courage to seek out help if necessary.
- That they would have understanding and favor among their husbands, boyfriends, and parents when announcing their news and the decision to protect and cherish the unborn life of their child.
For Post-Abortive Women pray…
- That the Lord would draw them to faith and joy in Jesus Christ who died for the forgiveness of all sins and saves them from guilt and condemnation.
- That the Lord would give them opportunities and the strength to use their testimony to save and protect other women from making the same dreadful decision of voluntarily ending the life of their child.
For Churches & Christians pray…
- That the designer and sustainer of creation would reveal to all believers in Christ through His word the sacredness and importance of unborn human life.
- That church leaders would have the courage and wisdom to openly speak out against the practice of elective abortion that clearly violates explicit commands and principles in scripture.
- That Christians would not just give lip service to these pregnant women and unborn lives, but will vote, give their time and resources to pro-life ministries, and would open up their homes to homeless pregnant mothers or adopted children.
- That Churches will reach out to and share the message of reconciliation with women and men who have been hurt by and feel condemnation over their past sin of abortion.
For Pro-Life Organizations pray…
- That non-profit organizations will have the volunteer and financial support necessary to keep their doors open and phones answered.
- That pregnancy resource centers have the support, staff, and baby supplies necessary to help women in their community materially as well as helping them realize the truth about their unborn child and the dangers of abortion.
- That political groups would find favor with elected officials and leaders and that Pro-Life laws and policies would be seen as the most pressing and important issue before legislative assemblies.
Take Action to Protect the Sanctity of Human Life
Facts on Abortion
- 1.2 million children were aborted in the US in 2008.
- 81,591 children were aborted in Texas in 2008.
- 6,090 children were aborted in Tarrant County in 2008.
- Peer-reviewed sociology studies show that 60% of women seeking abortions in US are coerced.
- Planned Parenthood, largest abortion provider in the US, received $487 million in government grants, subsidies and reimbursements for other services provided in FY2009.